- distributes a quarterly newsletter, Gateway, which informs families and health professionals of the latest developments in Huntington's Disease; and
- produces and distributes a wide range of publications and other information on the many aspects of Huntington's Disease; and
- maintains this website.
- conduct a fortnightly social program for people with Huntington's Disease;
- organise Holiday Camps for people with Huntington's Disease; and
Education and support services are provided through such means as:
- operating a Family Support Service
- distributing medical research news to medical and allied health professionals;
- holding seminars and family support meetings; and
- providing information, advice, assistance and referral to families, health care professionals and others concerned with Huntington's Disease.
Research is an important focus of our work. More information is available about the research grants program.
We work closely with, and are supportive of other organisations including the Huntington Disease Service of the NSW Health Department which embraces:
- the Huntington's Disease Clinic and Outreach Program at Westmead Hospital;
- Huntington's Unit at St Jospeh's Hospital, Auburn;
- the Predictive Testing Program at the Children's Hospital, Westmead; and
- the Huntington's Disease Service for the Hunter Region, Newcastle.
We also advocate on behalf of families to a variety of government and non-government organisations and in respect of a diverse range of issues.